Over the past few decades, mobile phone usage has escalated. Smartphone users have now surpassed 2 billion (approximately) according to the researchers.
At one hand, it makes our lives simpler and on the other, it means the things are a little tough for the developers. Organizations demand web-based solutions that can work on mobile devices. Now, among all this fuss, if you ask me, ‘is HTML5 the future to mobile app development?’ My answer would be certainly yes!
A major shift towards HTML5 is becoming important to fulfill industry demands. In fact, considering the rising need for all the pervasive applications, it would not be wrong to say that HTML5 could be the future of mobile app development
The Existing Mobile World
If we dig deep into the statistics, we have around 4.61 billion mobile users in the world, which is expected to reach almost 5.07 by 2019. There is not a single individual now, who doesn’t have a mobile phone, thereby increasing the chances of applications being accessed on mobile devices.
According to Steve Anderson, Founder and Partner of Baseline Ventures,“The increasing popularity and use of mobile devices across business enterprises will leave many developers looking for a way to develop for desktops that also allows for use on mobile devices.”
Why is HTML5 Always the Developer’s Choice?
Towards satisfying the increasing demands of industries for effective mobile app development services, HTML5 is the first choice of developers. In spite of being a relatively new phenomenon as compared to native development, HTML5 app development has provided us its own share of success stories such as Google and Uber. These are some key reasons behind such popularity of HTML5:
- HTML5 is designed to function across multiple-niche platforms, as well as devices. Hence, mobile users can download and install the web application like an icon on any device.
- It is best for the one who is passionate about simple, elegant, and simple-to-read codes. HTML5 enables you to write semantic and clean code that easily separates from content and style. Moreover, with this, developers can code their markup cleaner and keep CSS organized.
- HTML5’s <canvas> tag allows you for a great and mobile-friendly way to create interactive and fun games.
- The technology provides ease of use and aims at neutralizing the entire cost of mobile app development procedures.
- It comes up with an open standard support, which helps the leading app developers to generate business-specific mobile apps according to the requirements of mobile devices, different platforms, operating system, etc.
- With HTML5, it is easy to deliver rich-quality content, regardless of device or operating system. Therefore, it has become the most known coding techniques for efficient development of native mobile apps.
- Last, but not the least, HTML5 makes the deployment easy. This means hosting an application is profitable if your app gets recognition on an app store. You can find many applications that are HTML5 based in Chrome store, both accessible in web and mobile forms.
Future of HTML5
Looking back, it is surprising to see how much impact HTML5 has had on mobile app development. It has been revolutionizing force and become a perfect blend of developer preferences, technological advancement, and business requirements.
In the upcoming years, it is definitely going to be adopted by multiple enterprises. This is because they are slowly moving from their general administered use of Internet Explorer to Firefox or Chrome at work, both have high-level HTML5 support. In addition, with the growth of Windows 10 adoption and use, the usage of new Microsoft Edge browser will increase, enabling business enterprises to make full use of HTML5.